How to Play Online Baccarat
Playing baccarat is enjoyable and straightforward, even when you are a beginner. The aim of the game is to get as close to 9 points as possible.
You can place your bet on the Banker, the Player, or a Tie in the game. Two cards are dealt with the Player and the Banker face down. Cards are turned face up, and the value of each hand is announced.
If either the Banker or the Player gets 8 or 9 points, the game is over.
If the Banker or Player gets a hand valued 0-5 points, the Player draws a third card. If the value is 7 or 6, they stop. If the Player draws a third card, the Banker does the same. Every player is given a turn with a target to score close to 9 points with two cards.
If the Player draws a 9, 10, face-card or ace, the banker should get a draw with 0-3 or stand with 4-7. If the Player draws a 2 or 3, the Banker can only draw with 0-4 or stand with 5-7. When the Player draws an 8, the Banker draws with 0-2 and can stand using 3-7. A 7 or 6 for the Player means that the Banker can draw with 0-6 or stand with 7. When the Player removes a 3 or 2, the Banker can equalize with 0-4 and get a stand with 5-7.
Terms used in online baccarat
- Banker/Dealer: this is the person dealing the cards
- Coup: one round of a play involving a banker and a player
- Baccarat: a score of zero
- Natural: a score of 8 or 9 from the first two cards
- Le Grande: a score of 9
- Shoe: a container for dealing cards
- Banco: refers to a bet whereby a player makes a wager for all his or her bankroll
Variants of baccarat
It is played with eight card decks observing the standard rules and the betting limit is mid-range or wide. This is the simplest and common type of baccarat that is ideal for those who are learning the game.
This is an advanced level of Midi Baccarat characterized by a greater speed and tables that are more elaborate. The limits are higher and it is popular with expert players.
This features a higher edge that has a table layout that can be accessed and low limits. Fewer card decks may be used.
These are extra bets that you wager apart from the main bet. Side bets enhance your wins even to considerably large jackpots.
Chemin de Fer Baccarat
This variant occurs in rare occasions and the player exercises the freedom to determine whether to allow the banker to deal a third or fourth card beyond the standard house rules.
Standard rules of online baccarat
- Cards labeled 2 through 9 have points equal to their face value, for example, card 5 worth 5 points
- Aces have a value of 1 point
- Number 10 is commonly indicated on kings, queens, and jacks and their value is zero.
- The values of the two cards are added to get the points
The points earned by two cards is considered on the one's value of the total. For example, for cards 5 and 8, 5+8 = 13. So 3 is the number of points rewarded to that player.
- Each player bets on the anticipated winner – the Banker, the Player or a Tie
- The payout on the Player is 1/1 as well as the Banker. The casino charges 5% commission hence the actual payout is 0.95/1 on your bet. If you are lucky to get it right on a Tie, there is a bigger payout of 9/1 or 8/1
The house edge in baccarat
A house edge refers to the predetermined slight advantage a casino has over players to secure their returns for business purposes. The Banker for the casino makes a move after the Player. On a Player bet, the casino has a 1.24% house edge. When betting on the Banker, the house edge reduces to 1.06%. For a Tie bet, the house edge shifts to 14+ %. This is a must feature of every Baccarat Casino. Therefore, as a punter, make Player bets to defend your stake. It is necessary to know these odds to develop your strategy for online baccarat.
What to consider when signing up for an online casino to play baccarat?
Before you sign up for Online Baccarat, it is important to consider a few things.
Your choice of baccarat game
Check whether the casino offers your taste of baccarat. Check also if it can be downloaded on your device. Games that come in the form of a mobile app are more convenient to play indoor, outdoor, and transit.
Find out if the casino you want to sign up with accepts the deposit method you prefer. Most casinos accept Visa, Mastercard, Interac, Instadebit or iDebit in Canada.
Baccarat bonuses offered by the casinos
If baccarat is the main game you want to play, you need to find a bonus offer that works well with table games. Some casino bonuses
designed for slot players might have terms that aren’t as good for playing baccarat, roulette or blackjack.
Key tips for playing online baccarat
- Betting on the Banker is the most likely outcome; it can pay 45.8% of the time. Playing with a small stake with nearly equal chances of winning or losing will be a fun experience without stress or anxiety.
- Stick to your limits and manage your bankroll. You can both with and lose, and chasing your losses won’t pay off. If you stick with a bet limit, you will have a better chance of breaking even or even winning.
- Don’t bet on a tie. While the payout is tempting, the chances of both the Banker and the Player getting the same points are slim; on average, they win on 9,6% of the time. Banker’s hand wins 45.8% of the time, and the Player’s hand wins 44.6% of the time.
- Do not fixate on the past patterns. Baccarat is a game of chance and both winning or losing are part of the game. Using tactics won’t necessarily pay off; what worked yesterday might not work today. But if you feel you don’t have luck, just try a new approach or come back to the game on the next day.