Types of MasterCard
Mastercard was founded under the name of Interbank in 1966, and from very early on, it competed with Visa for the market-leading position. These days almost all shops online and on the high street would accept your Visa or MasterCard without a problem, and it is the same in online casinos – most of them welcome any type of MasterCard:
- Credit Card: You can use your credit card at some casinos, but some might block it. However, when you use a credit card, you should always be aware that you will need to pay interest on it according to your contract with the bank, and it might be more costly. We always suggest to gamble responsibly and keep to a budget you can afford.
- Debit Card: Using your debit card is a better option; you use the money you already have, and you don't need to pay interest. If you have one, we suggest you use your debit card instead of your credit card.
- Prepaid Card: You can get a card which you can top up with money over and over again. A pre-paid card is a great option if you want to get added security and not give out details to your main bank cards. It is also a great option to keep to a budget because you would never keep too much money on a reloadable card.
Where can you get a MasterCard?
There are two ways you can get your hands on a MasterCard, either by opening a bank account and being issued by one from your bank or by ordering pre-paid cards through one of the e-wallet providers. Providers like iDebit, InstaDebit or PaysafeCard could issue you a pre-paid card you can use for online or in-store purchases when you load it with funds.
How to make a deposit using MasterCard?
Most online casinos will accept your MasterCard, so you have a large selection of casinos to choose from. However, if your bank is based in the USA your deposit might be blocked by them, and you'll need to use an e-wallet.
Select a casino with the best bonuses or the games you want to play, and you are good to go! Here is how to use your card for depositing:
After you finished signing up and verifying your account, you are directed to deposit funds into your casino wallet. Make sure you have funds on your pre-paid card and that you have the card at hand.
You'll be asked for your card number, card expiration date, your full name and the CVV code (the three-digit code on the back of your card). Once you filled out everything, fill out the amount you want to deposit, and you are on your way to an exciting evening at a virtual casino! Your funds will arrive on the account immediately.
How to find trusted MasterCard Casinos
Getting the right casino is the first step for an excellent online gambling experience. When online casino sites are everywhere, it is hard to pick the right one, but we can assure you that all Canadian casinos displayed on CasinoFever
are verified, and you are safe to play at any of them. Here is what we make sure of when we display a casino on our website:
- The casino is licensed and has all the accreditation that ensures that you get fair odds on the games and your personal and banking details are kept safe
- The site has updated contact information and provides customer service 24/7
- The bonus offers are fair and generous
- Extensive game selection with some of the best providers like NetEnt and Microgaming are also indicating quality
Money Withdrawal using MasterCard
Withdrawing funds in Canada might be limited by your bank if you are banking with any of these Canadian banks:
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- TD Canada Trust
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Tangerine Bank
In this case, you will need to choose a bank account different from your deposit methods and upload new documentation at the casino or make a minimum deposit with Instadebit or iDebit and request a withdrawal to that account.
If you run into any issues regarding deposit or withdrawal, contact customer services, and they will help you with the best option.
MasterCard ensures that all your transactions online and offline are safe, but you should also be careful about how and where you share and store your banking details. Be careful with phishing emails, calls from fraudsters and websites which look suspicious.
- Keep your card information to yourself and don't disclose it to anyone
- CVV code, card number, and password are personal information. Do not disclose even to the bank agents.
- Report loss of card immediately to your bank. They are available day or night, and blocking your card is the best way to prevent further losses.
Pros and cons of MasterCard
MasterCard is a widely accepted payment method, but it has its pros and cons, whether you use a credit, debit, or a pre-paid card when it comes to online casinos.
- Easy to deposit: you can use your card in seconds after you filled out the the deposit form and there is no delay in the funds arriving to your casino account.
- Wide casino selection: most online casinos accept MasterCard as a deposit method and you can choose from plenty of generous bonuses.
- Bonus eligibility: MasterCard is eligible for welcome bonuses while some casinos won’t give out bonuses to those who use certain e-wallet payments like most online casinos accept MasterCard as a deposit method and you can choose from plenty of generous bonuses.
- High security: If you don't disclose security features to third parties especially the CVV code, then your account remains secure.
- High Transaction Speeds: The deposit is instantaneous immediately you hit the 'pay' button without further verification.
- Limited withdrawal at Canadian banks: Certain Canadian banks won’t accept payments from online casinos into your checking account and you might need to open an iDebit or InstaDebit account.
- Sharing your data with a third party: While MasterCard is very safe, lots of players prefer to use an e-wallet and avoid giving out details of their main card.