Casino apps or playing casino in your browser
When you play on your mobile, you can choose to download an app or play via your browser. If you play in your browser, thanks to HTML5, you get just about the same experience as you play on desktop. You can set your login to work with your fingerprint for added security, and it doesn't take up memory on your device.
Casino apps are a little more complicated. They take time and money to develop, so only the large Canadian casinos bother to create outstanding quality iOS and Android apps, and you might find ones on the market, which are less enjoyable to play.
Most mobile casinos have apps, but they also have to work with Apple and Android to get their apps into the app store, and they need to comply with a broad set of rules. Because of this, it could happen that you can't find the apps on the App Store or in Google Play, but you can always download it from the online casino itself
You can play roulette while on the go in all mobile casino
Checklist for safe and user-friendly mobile casinos
- License and certificate
A legitimate casino should have a valid license from a recognized regulatory authority, such as the Malta Gaming Commission. Regulatory bodies only issue a licence when the online casino demonstrates that they are financially stable and have all the security measures to keep customer data and banking details safe, transparent, and works with games that provide fair odds to customers.
The eCOGRA Certificate is also mandatory for mobile casinos. This is the international regulator that makes sure payments are accurate and protects the rights of customers.
- Up-to-date and trustworthy software
Good software isn't just user-friendly but also keeps your data safe so you can enjoy playing without worry. If a casino runs some of the biggest game developers, like Microgaming or NetEnt, that gives you the security of knowing that they keep up with the latest advancements, innovations and security protocols to integrate with them. Updated software makes it impossible for malware and spyware to infringe on the website data.
- Compatibility with your device
Check for mobile casinos that you can successfully launch on your mobile device. Some apps may not function on your device, and some casinos may fail to perform properly.
- Live 24/7 support
The support team is crucial in case you run into any problem while playing, depositing or withdrawing money from the casino. Ensure that the casino operator has a reliable customer support and responds to queries within a reasonable time. Most casinos offer support via telephone, chat, and email.
- Large game selection
Select a mobile casino that provides a wide range of casino games and offers sports betting on your favourite sports. You can also play at multiple casinos to get even more games.
- Payment options
Choose a mobile casino that offers your chosen payment method. If you have a preferred payment method, you need to check if the casino app or website offers the deposit method you would like to use.
- Welcome bonuses and bonus policy
Starting with a welcome bonus at your new mobile casino, let's you try out more games. You also want to check some casino reviews to see if the casino tends to give away bonuses to their customers or if they have a loyalty program where you can get even more rewards.
You can play your favourite games like Starburst anywhere with mobile casinos
How to sign up for mobile casinos
Signing up to a mobile casino website or app is just as easy as doing it on a website. However, make sure you have a stable internet connection, so your registration process doesn't get interrupted, and you don't have to start over.
- Register using your personal details
- Confirm your email address and verify your account; you will need a photo ID. This will make withdrawal much faster.
- Select your payment method
Deposit and withdrawal on mobile casinos
Depositing or withdrawing on your mobile is just as easy as on your laptop. You have plenty of options available from using your debit card to using your Bitcoins. Let's take a look at the most popular and fastest deposit methods available:
- E-wallets: Payment services in this category include Interac, InstaDebit and iDebit, all very easy to set up and use with your bank account in Canada.
- Debit cards: Most players like to use their Mastercard, VISA, American Express, or Maestro cards. While most online casinos accept debit cards as a deposit and withdrawal method, banks can choose to block transactions to and from online casinos. This will mainly happen with US-based banks but if this happens to you, try opening an e-wallet for future transactions.
- Pay by mobile phone: Some mobile casinos support payment by phones via platforms like Boku. The amount you spend on the casino becomes part of your mobile bill every month.
Bonuses at mobile casinos
You can get the same generous welcome offers on your mobile as on your laptop, and you might get extra rewards when using casino products on your mobile. If you found a great offer, don't hesitate to sign up for it whenever you are.
- No deposit bonus: Some Canadian casinos offer no-deposit bonuses, where you can start playing just by registering on the site. Some casinos give away free spins, and some will give you $5-10 cash to use on their website so you can trial casino games without staking your own money.
- Welcome bonus: Most casinos award a match deposit bonus on your first deposit. So if you deposit $100 and offer a 100% deposit bonus, you'll have $200 to play with. Some casinos also give you some free spins, so you have even more chances to win.
Selecting the best games on mobile casinos
The times when you had a limited selection for mobile casino games are behind us, and now new titles are released to both desktop and mobile devices. You can find just about every game on your mobile, so you can take them with you everywhere.
- Your favourite games: You will have a preference on whether you want to play table games, live casino or the newest slots. Find a mobile casino that has your favourite games before you register.
- Technology: Go for advanced graphics, real-time play, and if you get a chance, try casinos which offer split-screen technologies where you can play two games at the same time!
- Play for free or in real money If you can’t decide which casino to choose, you have the option to try casino games for free. You don't have to register, and you can try slots or practice betting strategies on baccarat, roulette and blackjack. Once you learned how the games work and you feel confident about it, open an account and start using real money casinos, you can do that too.
Real money games to play in mobile casinos
Baccarat is a card game where the Player and the Banker play against each other, and you can place your bet on the Player, the Banker or a Tie. In the game, both parties have to get as close to 9 points as possible by drawing cards. The face cards and ten have value 0. Numerical cards 9 to 2 count as their face value. Ace has value 1.
Blackjack is probably the best know game and the easiest to learn. The player is competing against the dealer, and whoever is closer to 21 wins. There are multiple types of blackjack games, most of which is available on your mobile.
Simply place your bets on the roulette table, press spin, then wait for the outcome. Variants include Roulette Royale, Roulette Pro, French Roulette, Multi-Wheel Roulette, Pinball Roulette, Multi-ball Roulette, 3D Roulette, and Mini Roulette, all of which are available on mobile.
Craps is a classic casino game played with two dices and lots of betting options. To enjoy and win in craps, you need to learn the betting terms, but once you understand that, you are on your way to enjoy the game and shoot some dice!
come in many variants with different rules including 3D slots, progressive slots, multiplier slots, video slots, virtual reality slots, and multi-line slots.
Keno is a lottery game with a grid of 80 numbers, and players usually bet on 1-20 numbers. First, select a particular Keno game. Next, choose the amount to wager on numbers, a minimum of $5. Press play and wait for the numbers to be drawn to find out if you have won. You can enhance your chances when you choose more numbers, go for high odds, and use multi-race cards.
Video poker is a long-standing favourite in many casinos. It was famously Motörhead's Lemmy Kilmister's favourite game in The Rainbow in Hollywood. Most video poker games return to player rate is 99.54%, so give it a try!
Pros and cons of mobile casinos
- Mobile casinos provide an ever bigger market and demand for good casino games.
- They make gaming easy and fun.
- You can play it while commuting and have a few minutes to kill.
- You can play casino games while watching your favourite shows, in bed or in the bathtub. You don’t need to drag around your laptop in the house.
- You can reach customer services, deposit or withdraw through your mobile app.
- Your game play can be interrupted by slow internet when using mobile internet.
- It can be too easy to get used to having your favourite casino app available at any time and could distract you from other activities like spending time with family or concentrating on your work. Please always gamble responsively and keep it fun.
- Be careful to lock your devices so kids under 18 can’t get access to your apps. Kids can easily mistake a casino app with a game.
- Software regularly requires refresh and could take up storage space on your device.