A brief history
Founded in 1996, the company finds its roots in the traditional casino to what was then Cherryföretagen. In 1963, Rolf Lundstrom and Bill Lindwall founded the AB Restaurang Rouletter. Later in 1968, Spelautomater, founded by Lars Kling and Per Hamberg, entered into a partnership with AB Roulett Konsult. The operations reached a national level, where in 1972, the name Cherry, together with the Cherry logo, was registered. After decades of successful operations, in 1996 Pontus Lindwall, Bill Lindwall’s son, founded NetEnt. The company became a global leader when online gambling had just taken off in the mid-90s, and the year 2000 saw the launch of the first online casino. NetEnt was then spun off in 2007 and listed on the NGM Equity. In 2009, the company moved to the Stockholm Stock Exchange main list.
A selection of the company's Milestones
- 2003: The company delivers several casino modules to a number of customers. Their sales grow consistently and the company jumps into profitability
- 2004: The company delivers a considerable number of casino modules to some International customers
- 2005: NetEnt is licensed in Malta
- 2007: The company is spun off from Cherry
- 2009: The company moves to Stockholm Stock Exchange main list
- 2010: They launch Gonzo’s Quest game and licensed category 2 on Alderney
- 2011: The company, for the first time, launches mobile games and expands to a newly regulated market, Italy
- 2012: A number of agreements are entered. The Danish market is regulated and the company gets certification and offers games with a number of customers
- 2013: The company enters agreements with several entities for casino games, and a frame-work agreement with GTECH
- 2014: NetEnt signs 31 new customer agreements and a collaboration agreement with GameAcount Network. The company develops a games solely in HTML5 for the first time – a standard for mobile and desktop. EUR 1 billion market capitalization overshoot at year end
- 2015: The company launches games with a number of operators in New Jersey, United States. They are granted licenses in Spain an UK and a good number of operators launched. Their games are available in land-based casinos for the first time
- 2017: The company enters Czechia, Mexico, and Serbia regulated markets. They obtain a gaming license in British Columbia (Canada)
What makes the brand unique?
NetEnt is the pioneer in business intelligence and is the first gaming provider to offer an API to online casinos, which enables them to gamify player’s experience. This means that it’s now possible for online casino operators to listen and act in real time to game events, such as Big win, consecutive losses, and rounds played.
Their gamification API revolutionize the gaming industry and continues to do so as more features keep coming up. Since this API was launched late 2014, other gaming providers have adopted it, while others are still struggling to catch with such an impressive technology that’s really beneficial to casino players.
NetEnt top played games
This company is the symbol of excellence in iGaming and carries on their longstanding history with each game released. 2016 was a good year for the company as it saw the release of the Rock Trilogy games that included the Motorhead, Guns N Roses, and Jimmy Hendrix. The Gun N roses made history as the first game ever to offer 5 varying soundtracks and wicked features.
It not a surprise that their top played games are Twin Spin, Gonzo’s Quest, Dead or Alive, Jack Hammer, Starburst, Guns N Roses, Jack and the Beanstalk to mention a few. You also stand a chance to win attractive Progressive jackpot games, such as Hall of Gods, Mega Fortune, and Mega Fortune Dreams. These games are known to offer great value to players as the jackpots are normally won from a EUR 0.25 bet.
NetEnt mobile games and Interface
From 2015, NetEnt has been committed to doing multi platform releases as a result of the soaring competition. In addition, they are also in the process of refining their game portfolio by eliminating all non-HTML5 games. This then means that soon all their games will be playable on desktop, tablet and phone. Something interesting is that the interface of the game is the same on both desktop and mobile platforms since they release one game version for the two platforms. Their games are easy to load and play even when the device scree is too small.
The answer for this is a bit simple since the company is unique in the gambling industry. The company doesn’t operate any casino of its own, and doesn’t have any interests whatsoever. Therefore, there are no conflicts of interest between the company and any of its customers. This lets NetEnt concentrate on its core business of developing 100% quality games for their many clients. Most of their games have proven to be successful and more operators want a piece of the pie.